What a nice week it has been!! My Uncle came in town last Wednesday to hang out with his Southern family. I miss my mom's side of the family because they are all on the West coast. Even though they are far away I have always felt like they were the closest to me. So this week has been quite busy with work, Tori's school and trying to make sure we spent time with my Uncle. One good thing this week is that we are ALL well, no more plague!! I can't say the same about work though, I think I am going to have to start wearing a mask around to keep from getting Zooey and I really sick.
We first got to take my Uncle to Rock City Enchanted Gardens of Lights. It was such a nice night for it, too. It was a bit breezy but even Andy, who is always cold, was comfortable in short sleeves :) The lights and all the surroundings definitely made me a little less grumpy, and I got FUDGE!! Zooey has enjoyed that part ! We took a lot of pictures, so Zooey was very present for the festivities as well. It was so great to get away with my family and not have the things from last week bother me. Now that doesn't mean it hasn't been on my mind, that is for later on in this story.
The next night we went to Big River to have an early Christmas dinner with all of us. My dad came also. I don't know how everyone else felt but it really meant so much at that time to be with everyone. I get that way, probably all these freaking hormones. Plus I think my Hazelnut crusted chicken was so good that I was on a food high. I just wish it didn't give me such bad dreams! After a rough night of sleep we did get up and make it out to the Chickamauga Battlefield on Sunday. I figured I would be so tired because of all the goings on for the last two days but it turned out to be just what I needed. The kids enjoyed getting out and running about and I think Tori may have even learned something, about the Civil War, from her Uncle. I, on the other hand, was on a mission while we were in the fields.
Something that has truly bothered me, that most of you will laugh at, is that I can't find a 4 leaf clover. Yeah I know it sounds weird but if you know me REALLY well, you will know that I can find them like a it's nothing. I usually find several a year but not this year, and as you can imagine, I can't help but feel that it reflex my luck this year. Maybe it's because I don't have the time to just wonder like I use to, maybe?
With that turn of events I have had more bad dreams, it just set the mood. I can't fight off the dread and sadness that comes over me at times.It usually hits me in the mornings and I just have to sit and cry for a bit. I miss people and normal life. I should be happy like I was this week, all the time. Stressed, yes, but at least happy but reality sets back in and it takes me back to what I have to look forward too. I am 27 weeks this week. I don't have much longer and I need to stay strong for both of us but it does get harder the closer we get to Zooey's due date. I think I am even stressing out Andy, he is too good to say so but I can always tell :)
I think it is just going to be a roller coaster ride for awhile. It always makes me think of the movie Parenthood, when the grandmother talks about her first ride on a roller coaster. She talks about how scared she was but how much fun it was too. It's not as much fun riding on the ferris wheel that just goes round and round, you got to have those twist and turns and ups and downs to make it worth riding. Well mine is turning out to be quite a ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment